What does it mean to Belong?
It means you are attached, bound by birth, dependent.
It means you have found a place where you feel home and loved.
Belonging at First Presbyterian Church of Dallas looks like:
- where people know your name, where you know the name of others.
- where people ask you questions about the church, and you know how to answer, or you know who to talk to.
- feeling supported and cared for by others in the church in your best, worst, and all the in between moments.
- worshipping together as a church.
- offering your time, prayers, and/or money.
- experiencing a relational and spiritual change because of your affiliation with the church.
- being yourself, sharing your imperfections and knowing that we will not always agree, but that the love of God binds us all together.
- loving others in the church and those beyond.
- wanting others beyond the church to be among this group of Christ followers.
We believe commitment leads to transformation. To truly belong you commit to being part of our community: attending regularly, participating in classes and gatherings, tithing, volunteering, praying for this community.
Membership is an outward sign of belonging. If membership is something you feel called to, join!
Joining, is an easy 2 step process:
- Meet with a pastor and/or attend a Table for Ten.
At FPC Dallas we want all to feel a sense of belonging. Members and regular attenders worship and participate in the life of the church, some even participate remotely through zoom gatherings and online worship. All are welcome at FPC Dallas, and all can choose to belong!
Frequently Asked Questions